Visit some of Woonsocket's historic residential neighborhoods.
- Cato Hill - A mid-nineteenth century working class neighborhood.
- Privilege Mill District - The finest collection of company-built mill housing in Woonsocket.
- South Main Street - An upper class neighborhood for Woonsocket's wealthy residents from 1830 to 1930.
- Streetcar Suburbs - Working class neighborhoods that grew up along the trolly tracks from 1895 to 1930.
- North End - An affluent residential community built in the early twentieth century.
- Walnut Hill - A post World War II residential suburb.
Home | History | Main Street | Things to Do | Rhode Island | Links | Webrings | Bookstore | Email
Woonsocket History | Mill Villages | Getting Around | Famous People | Water Power | Main Street
Neighborhoods | Mill Construction | Rubber and Machinery | French-Canadian Culture | ITU
Cato Hill | South Main Street | North End | Streetcar | Walnut Hill